Alright fine, since people seem to want the calm version, here it is.
I’m mad because I called it. I’m mad because the racial issues on this show are so willfully overlooked that it encourages fans to be ignorant. And maybe I made an assumption about the motive behind this confession, but even though this character has not even filmed a scene I knew there would be people who would immediately think “black guy! Must be for bonnie”. Racism is predictable people, but it still sucks to see it illustrated. Over and over again.
I will get rid of the fuck you on the end of my original post because it seems to be directed at the confessor. It’s not. It’s directed at every dumbass who saw Connor for the first time and made the Bonnie connection without stopping to examine why.
Er… you do realize that Bonnie is the only girl on the show who doesn’t have romantic drama falling out of her ass, right? Caroline has Tyler and Klaus, Elena has Damon and Stefan and maybe even Matt. There is Jamie but literally no one seems to care about him. (I know I don’t, maybe because I don’t have high hopes for his survival.)
I figured people would start shipping them before Connor was even cast, back when he was just a name and a profession (vampire hunter), and I doubt I’m the only one who thought of it. I don’t personally ship them, I’m more of a Kennett fan and I would rather wait to see how his character pans out before deciding if I ship him with anyone, but I can understand why someone would, for reasons that have nothing to do with race.
But I understand that some people just have this inherent need to make fools of themselves on the internet, so whatever. Have at.
Okay last time, since I don’t believe in encouraging internet fights, but I’m bored at home so here goes.
What exactly does Bonnie not having romantic drama have to do with ANYTHING I said? In fact it ties neatly with my overall point. With the exception of Beremy (and kudos to that I could not have been more pleased when that happened) every other romantic interest has been black. You brought up Jamie yourself (I’m going to completely overlook the irony of what you said about his survival- someone else can bite into that juicy apple). Then there was the carnival guy in S1 and the warlock kid. Hence, as an audience, we have been programmed to assume that when there is a black character he is for Bonnie. Why is that so?
And also, in discourse theres going to be opposing opinions. I respect that. And I did apologize for appearing to target the confessor initially, but later clarified that my disgust was with a section of the fandom and not an individual. Your last line was not at all necessary and actual detracted from your point.
For the sake of humanity, I hope you read all that carefully and understand that I am not attacking you. Pointing out race issues is not an attack. It is not personal. It is discourse.
- sah049 likes this
- mimij96 likes this
- xthesebonesx likes this
- fallenstacieb reblogged this from mysticonfessions and added:
- meghantheinvincible reblogged this from meftihe and added:
- iwantmoredelena reblogged this from mysticonfessions and added:
- thenexthybrid reblogged this from mysticonfessions
- meftihe reblogged this from meghantheinvincible and added:
- suisjeegoiste likes this
- renina reblogged this from mysticonfessions and added:
- rock-me-tvd likes this
- captivatedbytvd reblogged this from mysticonfessions
- adrienne5678 likes this
- light-of-delena-spuffy-cangel reblogged this from mysticonfessions
- micaelaqueen15 likes this
- willisthatyou reblogged this from mysticonfessions and added:
- fandomliciouslover reblogged this from starksweetheart
- bonniebwitchgoddess reblogged this from meftihe and added:
- vaultofheavens said: OMFG this is just ridiculous!
- momentofmadness reblogged this from originaldarling
- h0dor reblogged this from originaldarling
- deansoul reblogged this from originaldarling
- dancingwithdamon reblogged this from originaldarling
- alltangled likes this
- starksweetheart reblogged this from mysticonfessions and added:
- evilsouls said: Eww. He’s probably her father.
- dalaric-will-never-die likes this
- mysticonfessions posted this